|PACE Recognized Provider
|Aligned Continuing Education A.C.E. Program
CE Course Outline
Dr. Dean L. DePice
A.C.E. Programs draw together the most current research in science and philosophy the objective of this advancing the doctors' impact upon patient outcomes through greater knowledge of chiropractic's safety and effectiveness and certainty in case management.
Statement of Purpose:
- To provide current, valuable research on subjects such as health reform, wellness, and strokes that will enhance the doctor's ability to provide optimal healthcare for the patients' mind and body.
- To navigate the healthcare options for optimal outcomes.
- To teach the doctor the ability to critically evaluate research and apply its usefulness to patient outcomes.
- This course clarifies, articulates and substantiates how the inseparability of science and philosophy is not a chiropractic debate or consideration but an indisputable part of advancing healthcare and comprehension regardless of healthcare specialty, discipline or personal position on such issues.
Overview of Course:
- Present research done in the medical model that acknowledges the public demand for a non-pharmaceutical and non-surgical option for care and particularly the public's demands for chiropractic. To critically evaluate research and the perspectives from which it is performed, recorded, written and interpreted.
- Study and assess research for its merits and shortfalls in an unbiased round table facilitation thus forcing the participants to form their own positions on assessment and defense according to their perspectives.
- Facilitate the reading of research in group in order to attempt to assess the intentions (objectives) and impressions (findings) of the researcher, and the effects which the objectives of the researcher and team (potentially) has on the results achieved within the studies presented. We will train participants in how to determine if research is valid or flawed and whether it's basis for study are cause or effects centered (maintaining that both have merit).
- Position the usefulness of science to the practicing doctors, both in research and in practice as not merely a means for information but enhanced patient outcomes and engagement.
- Intensify our profession's support for more research in wellness care and vitalistic models not merely pain models. To facilitate the participants to propose paths of intended study and research based on information they determine as critically important to the benefit of the patients as well as the chiropractic profession as it labors to move forward and prove usefulness.
- Apply this information directly to patient benefits within "real-time" passages. To perform exercises in discussing and debating how knowledge, positioning of interpretation of research, use of research and propagation of new research can benefit a patient's recovery. To strengthen the participant's ability to debate, discuss and intelligently critique research for its authenticity, quality, application and usefulness.
1 hours – Strokes Uncovered – Saving Lives
- If you knew that this information would save a patient's life – would you listen?
- How about if this class could save your license to practice – would that interest you?
- Strokes Uncovered learn what is important to understand about strokes with the mechanisms, causations and relevant research presented in a way both patients and doctors can understand.
- Simply – this class is a "must" to attend.
1 hour – Daily Patient Notes: Just the Facts Part I
- Explore the "why" to document and the benefits to patient, doctor and CAs
- Implement simple, easy, and fun steps of the how to document daily office visits
- Begin with objective findings and end note taking with symptom notations
- Record keeping is a necessary evil to most doctors and CAs. Make the shift to note taking that benefits the patient, the doctor and the CAs that is simple and quick.
1 hour – Daily Patient Notes: Just the Facts Part 2
- Learn the 7 components of documentation
- Assess your record keeping on all 7 parts of documentation
- Implement specific steps to upgrade your note taking and to establish your house – your rules
- Validating the care we provide gives value to the patient.
- Being able to show results will empower the patient to commit to their care plans.
- Stop points must be implemented from the patient's first day at your office, in their report of findings and at every re-exam and follow up re-report of findings.
- This class is critical if you not only want to better document but also if you want better patient compliance and commitment to care.
1 hour – Wellness: It's a Matter of Less of This & More of That
- This discussion of wellness care is at the heart of our nation right now.
- Everyone wants wellness but everyone is not educated as to how to achieve wellness.
- It is a simple recipe of less of this and more of that. This class will stimulate and provoke the audience to take action and to choose wellness.
- Let the research speak for itself and propel to action.
- Be positioned as the doctor sought after to deliver this relevant message over and over.
2 hours – Health Reform / Self Reform
- Assess how your current practice reflects true health care reform:
- Are we relying on the broken system? Or is our practice a model for the reform of patients taking responsibility for their health and not waiting for crisis to strike?
- Commit to action with accountability surrounded in a community of doctors who are breaking out of the broken system and who are daring to be bold and different
- Educate your patients through conversations about health care coming from inside out
1 hour – The War Within
- Historical and scientific review of the long standing conflict in where to place our nation's dollars for research: the treatment for the germ or the care of the host
- Beginning from Bernard and Pasteur's evolving conversations to today's antibacterial hand sanitizers and the wellness revolution. This talk poses the challenge we face.
- Gain the clinical competence to raise up intelligent patients who can think not only for themselves but in ways that lower our nation's healthcare costs
1 hour - The Time is Now for Chiropractic
- The public's demands for healthcare alternatives, options and greater case coordination between many different disciplines are platform for profound advance of chiropractic 'IF' we engage the patient and our peers properly.
- How changing demographics prepare educationally the patterns of our patient base, the baby boomers advance into senior citizenship and chiropractics evident clinical benefits for an aging population define a perfect time for chiropractic.
- Profile review of the chiropractic patient populations in North America
- Choices in healthcare: navigate the options for optimal outcomes
2 hours - What's Great in Chiropractic
Scope of Practice
- Positioning chiropractic, research, and the challenges inherent to proposing and executing valid, useful research of chiropractic in the efficacy of the care provided.
- Critical review of old and new research supporting chiropractic benefits.
- Critical review of research validating chiropractic from non-chiropractic origin.
- Address how to apply research in practice to build greater patient engagement and outcomes.
- Review of research from the early 20th century to present which shapes the model of chiropractic we presently practice within
- Research in current healthcare utilization
- Research on services provided by a wide spectrum of healthcare providers and their effectiveness
- Closure on how a chiropractors understanding of this information can facilitate greater patient outcomes.
1 hour – Chiropractic: On the Precipice of Revolution
Scope of Practice
- Chiropractic is on the precipice of revolution potentials for impact
- The challenge is for the profession as a unit to pursue greater utilization of science, philosophy, research and art to prove useful and cost protective benefits
- Review historical research – vitalistic versus allopathic research within chiropractic
- Track record for progressive thinking and outcomes assessments within our history and leadership is addressed in order to move forward with greater efficiency and outcome
- Chiropractic's history with evidence based work and its needed expansion for evidence based work
- Chiropractors individual needs to assist and support research which better documents the evidence which has paved our only worth for continued existence as a healthcare leader
1 hour – Critical Thinking
Scope of Practice
- Review of scientists throughout the entirety of recorded history regarding health, healing, advanced education and study over more than a 2,000 year time line beginning with Democritus in 300BC up through the 21st Century.
- Observation of nature and how a scientist's selected path of assessment and pursuit of desired objectives impact the outcomes, our minds and research trends into the future.
- Why a doctor's comprehension and application of these healthcare research patterns is vital to present patient findings and outcomes
- Address the virtually bankrupt healthcare behaviors and institutions we presently function from.
- How history reveals itself through chosen courses and trends of research, cyclically swinging over decades and centuries between dominantly more vitalistic approaches to dominantly mechanistic approaches
- The objective is not to make either approach more correct. The objective in this class is to engage the entire class in the arguments for the merits of both vitalistic and allopathic approaches.
- During this class a fully interactive panel and positional line for taking a stance is facilitated by the instructor to the audience so all participants must engage.
- Define healthcare's historical balance of vitalistic versus mechanistic research.